Top 25 COOs in Healthcare
Chief operating officers have a broad and diverse set of roles and responsibilities. Their job description varies based on the size and sector of the healthcare organization. Yet wherever COOs serve, they work in the complex business of healthcare and are responsible for delivering top results in quality, safety and efficiency, all with an eye on mission and margin. COOs also serve a broad range of constituencies, including governing board members, C-suite colleagues, the organization’s entire workforce and, of course, the patients. This recognition program aims to recognize a diverse group of accomplished COOs from a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations of all sizes and sectors.
- The COOs nominated for this recognition program can come from any sector of the healthcare industry.
- Nominees can come from all sizes of hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations.
- The nominees must have been in the COO position for at least a full year as of the date of their nomination.
- The COOs cannot be self-nominated.
Key Dates & Deadlines
January 31, 2018 - Nominations Open
March 5, 2018 - Nominations Close
March 7, 2018 - Judging Begins
May 7, 2018 - Ranking of Top 25 COOs is published in Modern Healthcare.
- Scope of duties within the COO’s organization, including financial and interdepartmental operational responsibilities.
- How has the nominee moved the strategies of the organization forward, including finances? Highlight achievements in the role both independent of the CEO and in close consultation with other C-suite leaders. Please provide as much documentation as possible.
- How has the nominee worked to establish synergies across multiple departments and programs within the organization? Please provide as much documentation as possible.
- How has the nominee worked to establish a culture of innovation and transformation within the organization?
- Has the organization seen improvements in the patient experience as well as staff satisfaction? Please provide as much documentation as possible.
All nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by the senior editors at Modern Healthcare.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $100, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration, however we cannot promise that your candidate will automatically make this honor roll. Please note that honorees chosen for the 2018 list will be notified in May 2018. Also, multiple nominations for one individual do not influence the process in any way.
To address questions, technical issues with the submission form or payment process, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.