Health Care Hall of Fame
Previous Inductees2016 • 2015 • 2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005 • 2004
This prestigious award is in partnership between Modern Healthcare and the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and was created to honor the men and women who have made outstanding contributions and extraordinary strides in the healthcare industry.
Each year, two or three healthcare luminaries are inducted into the Modern Healthcare Hall of Fame. Since 1988, ninety-five healthcare visionaries, original thinkers and leaders have been honored with the well-respected distinction and a recognition plaque installed in the Healthcare Hall of Fame, prominently displayed at Pennsylvania Hospital, the nation’s first hospital founded by Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Bond.
- No longer be working full-time in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry for at least 2 years.
- Not be employed by or under contract with Modern Healthcare
- Not have been nominated more than five times for induction into the Health Care Hall of Fame
Key Dates & Deadlines
- October 12, 2015 – Health Care Hall of Fame opens for nominations
- December 11, 2015 – Deadline for Health Care Hall of Fame Nominations
- January 11, 2016 – Winners announced in Modern Healthcare magazine, newsletters and on ModernHealthcare.com
- March 13, 2016 - Health Care Hall of Fame Awards Gala
- March 14, 2016 – Profiles of winners to be published in Modern Healthcare magazine and on ModernHealthcare.com
- Successfully led one or more organizations in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry (e.g., provider, supplier, academia, association, etc.)
- Made a lasting contribution to the healthcare industry and/or the patients served by the healthcare industry
- Made numerous significant contributions to the healthcare field at the local, state, and national levels. Contributions must be extraordinary or far exceed the expectations for someone in the candidate's position
- Assumed a leadership position in the healthcare industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company
- Demonstrated a willingness to share his or her expertise with others in the healthcare industry
- Served as a role model or mentor to others in the healthcare industry
- Showed the ability or influence to effect change in the healthcare industry
- To nominate, click the "Nominate Now" button above and complete the form. A confirmation email will then be sent to the nominator email provided containing further instructions on submitting additional documentation.
- If you prefer to send hard copies of your nomination documents, please mail them to the following address: Modern Healthcare Health Care Hall of Fame c/o Anna Stephens, Marketing Coordinator 150 N. Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60601
Please email Anna Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hard copies to the address mentioned above:
- CV or resume of the nominee
- No more than 1,000 words detailing why the candidate meets the requirements for induction consideration
- Optional: Additional documentation demonstrating the candidate’s successes in the healthcare industry. – Up to 10 pages and/or file size no bigger than 25 MB Additional documentation may include:
- PR/Media articles or clips
- Recommendation letter(s) from previous employers, co-workers, and/or colleagues
- Other nominee background information
There is no applicable fee to nominate for this recognition program.
In partnership with the American College of Executives (ACHE), Modern Healthcare hosts an awards gala for the Health Care Hall of Fame inductees each year. The 2016 awards gala will be held on Sunday, March 13, 2016. Register to attend the awards dinner.
Interested in sponsoring the industry’s most prestigious recognition program? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the Health Care Hall of Fame Recognition Program, please contact Anna Stephens at 312-649-5499 or email@example.com.