This program recognizes excellence in the design and planning of new and remodeled healthcare facilities. It is open to registered architects only and accepts submissions of all types/sizes of patient care-related facilities. Recipients of the 2015 Design Awards will be profiled in a Modern Healthcare magazine issue.Submit Today
Recipients must be registered architects. Submissions of all types/sizes of patient care-related facilities are accepted.
- This includes but is not limited to hospitals, extended care facilities, hospices, ambulatory care centers, medical office buildings and parts thereof, such as renovated wings or new additions.
- New and remodeled facilities and/or projects must have been completed with the past two years.
- Projects can be built or unbuilt.
- International projects are also accepted.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- April 6, 2015: Call for nominations
- June 19, 2015: Deadline for nominations
- September 7: Winners are profiled in Modern Healthcare magazine and online
- Overall design excellence
- Facility sustainability, such as designing to LEED principles
- Flexibility of design
- Functional utility
- Response to patient and family needs
Each entry will be judged individually by a panel of nationally prominent architects and distinguished healthcare executives. Check back here soon for who the expert panel will consist of for the 2015 Design Awards!
An online application must be completed in order to be considered eligible for the program. You can access the online application by clicking the "Submit Today" button above.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Modern Healthcare will feature a “Senior-Friendly Design Award,” recognizing one or more facilities with exceptional design elements targeting the specific needs of older patients. Those elements might include wide entry points for ease of walking with caregivers and to accommodate wheelchairs; attention to brightness and natural light; efforts to reduce ambient noise; and design interventions to minimize the risk of falls.
The online application requires a 150-word max. project executive summary and a 1,000-word max. project description. A minimum of six (6) high resolution photos must also be submitted for the judging panel to review. (These images can be uploaded on the online application.)
There is an entry fee of $499. (Non-refundable) Payment must be processed through the online application. (User-friendly instructions will be included in the portal for your convenience.) Please contact Modern Healthcare with any issues processing your entry fee.
For information and pricing on licensing the Modern Healthcare Design Award logo, please contact Lauren Melesio.
Currently, there is no event scheduled for this program.
Interested in sponsoring this program or advertising in the winners' published Modern Healthcare issue? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the Design Awards recognition program, please contact Anna Stephens at 312-649-5499 or email@example.com.