Top 25 Women in Healthcare
Previous Honorees2017 • 2015 • 2013 • 2011 • 2009 • 2007 • 2005
Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare program honors female executives from all sectors of the healthcare system. These high achievers are developing policy, leading change and guiding healthcare delivery improvement across the country. The biennial program recognizes women in a variety of leadership roles, spotlighting their administrative and professional accomplishments.
The Top 25 Women in Healthcare is sponsored by:
We accept nominations for this biennial program from all industry sectors, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurance, government, vendors and supplier organizations, and patients’ rights groups. If you know of a woman whose leadership in the healthcare industry distinguished her for this honor, please nominate her for recognition as one of the Top 25 Women in Healthcare for 2017. Modern Healthcare will review for eligibility based on the following criteria:
- Currently serve in a C-suite position or other senior executive role
- Shown the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field
- Served as a role model or mentor to other female healthcare executives
- Assumed a leadership position in the industry outside of the candidates' own organization or company including professional organizations and community service initiatives.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- October 31, 2016 – Top 25 Women in Healthcare opens for nominations
- EXTENDED - December 23, 2016 – Deadline for Top 25 Women in Healthcare nominations
- December 27, 2016– Top 25 Women in Healthcare judging begins
- February 27, 2017 – Ranking of Top 25 Women in Healthcare is published in Modern Healthcare magazine
ALSO THIS YEAR : Modern Healthcare will recognize 10 Women Leaders to Watch in Healthcare. The nomination process is the same as above but will allow for Modern Healthcare to honor additional high-achievers in the field at all stages of their careers holding managerial/executive-level positions.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of resumes, CVs, letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
If you have any questions about the program, including the selection process, criteria or deadline, please contact Dave May.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process of this program, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.