Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare
Previous Honorees2014 • 2012 • 2010 • 2008 • 2006
The Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare biennial recognition program takes great pride in honoring the top minority healthcare executives who are influencing the policy and care delivery models across the country. In doing so, they are also highlighting the continued need to nurture diversity in our organizations.Nominate Now
We accept nominations for this biennial program from all industry sectors, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurance, government, vendors and supplier organizations, and patientsí rights groups. If you know of a minority executive whose leadership in the healthcare industry distinguished the leader for this honor, please send a nomination for recognition as one of the Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare for 2016.
To be qualified, the candidate needs to be considered a minority along the U.S. Census Bureau's definition, which includes being African-American, American Indian, Asian, Latino, Pacific Islander, or multiracial.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Nomination portal opens: October 26, 2015
- Nomination portal closes: December 18, 2015
- Winners announced and profiles published: February 15, 2016
- Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare Awards Dinner: June 8, 2016
- Currently serve in a C-suite position or other senior executive role
- Shown the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field
- Served as a role model or mentor to other healthcare executives
- Has played a key role in advancing diversity in the industry
- Assumed a leadership position in the industry outside of the candidates' own organization or company
To nominate, click the orange "Nominate Now" button above and complete the online application. The online application allows you to upload up to 3 supporting documents. Once you submit the online application, a confirmation email will be sent to the "Nominator Email" field provided confirming your submission.
NEW THIS YEAR: People to Watch
Modern Healthcare will recognize a handful of rising minority executives in healthcare. Nomination process stays the same as above, but will allow for Modern Healthcare to honor other minorities in the field who are making outstanding contributions to healthcare and fall within the managerial or director level positions.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 3 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of resumes, CV's, letters of recommendation, articles the nominee has been featured in, etc.
There is no fee to nominate for this program.
Modern Healthcare will host an event to honor the Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare. This event will be held on June 8, 2016 in Chicago. Register for the Awards Dinner.
If you have any further questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Anna Stephens by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 312.649.5499.
If you have any questions regarding the judging/review component of this program, please contact Dave May by emailing email@example.com.