1. George W. Bush, President of the United States
2. Bill Frist U.S. senator (R-Tenn.); Senate majority leader, Washington
3. Tommy Thompson Secretary, HHS, Washington
4. Edward Kennedy U.S. senator (D-Mass.); ranking minority member of the Health,
Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, Washington
5. John Ashcroft U.S. attorney general, Justice Department, Washington
6. Tom Scully Administrator, CMS, Washington
7. Richard Gephardt U.S. representative (D-Mo.); presidential
9. Gail Wilensky Senior fellow, Project HOPE, Milwood, Va.; former HCFA administrator, Washington
10. Dennis O’Leary President, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare
Organizations, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
11. Uwe Reinhardt James Madison professor of political economy; professor of economics and public affairs, Princeton University, Princeton, N.J.
12. Thomas Frist Jr. Retired chairman, HCA, Nashville
13. Neal Patterson Chairman and CEO, Cerner Corp., Kansas City, Mo.
14. Donald Berwick President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement;
professor of health policy and management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston
15. Gary Mecklenburg President and CEO, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Chicago
16. Tom Ridge Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington
17. Pete Stark U.S. representative (D-Calif.); ranking minority member, Ways
and Means Committee’s health subcommittee, Washington
18. Jeff Goldsmith President, Health Futures; associate professor of medical education, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
19. Newt Gingrich Former speaker of the House; founder, Center for Health
20. John Hammergren Chairman and CEO, McKesson Corp., San Francisco
21. Pamela Thompson CEO, American Organization of Nurse Executives, Washington
22. Barbara Blakeney President, American Nurses Association, Washington
23. G. Edwin Howe President, Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee
24. Donald Young President, Health Insurance Association of America, Washington
25. Elias Zerhouni Director, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.
26. Nancy Johnson U.S. representative (R-Conn.); chairwoman, House Ways and Means Committee health subcommittee, Washington
27. Sidney Wolfe Director, Public Citizen’s Health Research Group, Washington
28. Diane Appleyard President and CEO, Healthcare Research and Development
Institute, Pensacola, Fla.
29. Arthur Wong Director, Standard & Poor’s, New York
30. Douglas Hawthorne President and CEO, Texas Health Resources, Arlington
31. Carolyn Clancy Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Md.
32. Gail Warden Outgoing president and CEO, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
33. Mary Foley Past president, American Nurses Association, Washington
34. Erich Reinhardt President and CEO, Siemens Medical Solutions, Erlangen, Germany
35. Alan Miller Chairman, president and CEO, Universal Health Services, King of Prussia, Pa.
36. David Blumenthal Director, Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital; professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston
37. John Breaux U.S. senator (D-La.); ranking minority member, Special Committee on Aging, Washington
38. Julie Gerberding Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta
39. Rick Wolfert President and CEO, GE Healthcare Financial Services, Chicago
40. Michael Cohen President, Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
41. Ron Anderson President and CEO, Parkland Hospital, Dallas
42. Charles Grassley U.S. senator (R-Iowa); chairman, Senate Finance Committee,
43. Karen Ignagni President and CEO, American Association of Health Plans,
44. Kathy Buto Vice president of health policy, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, N.J.
45. Stuart Altman Chairman, Council on Health Care Economics and Policy,
46. Jeffrey McWaters Chairman and CEO, Amerigroup Corp., Virginia Beach, Va.
47. Allen Wise President and CEO, Coventry Health Care, Bethesda, Md.
48. Polly Bednash Executive director, American Association of Colleges of Nursing,
49. Wayne Smith Chairman, president and CEO, Community Health Systems,
50. David Kessler Dean, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.; former commissioner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Md.
51. Linda Stierle CEO, American Nurses Association, Washington
52. Barbara Hill President, Express Scripts, St. Louis
53. Molly Coye Founder and CEO, Health Technology Center, San Francisco
54. Thomas Adams CEO, Association of Clinical Research Professionals, Washington
55. Max Baucus U.S. senator (D-Mont.); ranking minority member, Senate Finance Committee, Washington
56. Jack Bovender Chairman and CEO, HCA, Nashville
57. Margaret O’Kane President, National Committee for Quality Assurance, Washington
58. Risa Lavizzo-Mourey President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, N.J.
59. Gary Gottlieb President, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
60. Rose Ann DeMoro Executive director, California Nurses Association, Oakland
61. Billy Tauzin U.S. representative (R-La.); chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee, Washington
62. Suzanne Delbanco Executive director, Leapfrog Group, Washington
63. Rev. Michael Place President and CEO, Catholic Health Association, St. Louis
64. David Bates Chief of general medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
65. Catherine McLaughlin Professor, health management and policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
66. Stephen Wilhide Executive director, National Rural Health Association, Kansas City, Mo.
67. Kathleen Long President, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Washington
68. Mary Grealy President, Healthcare Leadership Council, Washington
69. Cheryl Johnson President, United American Nurses, Washington
70. Linda Kloss Executive vice president and CEO, American Health Information
Management Association, Chicago
71. Thomas Dolan President and CEO, American College of Healthcare Executives,
72. Richard Davidson President, American Hospital Association, Chicago
73. Chip Kahn President, Federation of American Hospitals, Washington
74. Doug Badger Assistant to the president on health and economic policy, White House, Washington
75. Richard Clarke President and CEO, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Westchester, Ill.
76. Drew Altman President and CEO, Kaiser Family Foundation, Menlo Park, Calif.
77. Bill Thomas U.S. representative (R-Calif.), chairman, House Ways and Means
78. Regina Herzlinger Nancy R. McPherson professor of business administration, Harvard Business School, Boston
79. Denny Shelton Chairman and CEO, Triad Hospitals, Plano, Texas
80. David Nash Director, Office of Health Policy and Clinical Outcomes, Jefferson
Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
81. Paul Ginsburg President, Center for Studying Health System Change, Washington
82. Helen Darling President, Washington Business Group on Health, Washington
83. Richard Carmona U.S. surgeon general, U.S. Public Health Service, Washington
84. Col. David Rubenstein CEO, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Frankfurt, Germany
85. Jack Wennberg Director, Center for Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Dartmouth
Medical School, Hanover, N.H.
86. Ron Pollack Executive director, Families USA, Washington
87. George Halvorson Chairman and CEO, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan/Kaiser
Foundation Hospitals, Oakland, Calif.
88. Benjamin Chu President, New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.
89. Martin Arrick Managing director, Standard & Poor’s, New York
90. Mark McClellan Commissioner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Md.
91. John Rother Director of policy and strategy, AARP, Washington
92. Trevor Fetter Acting CEO, Tenet Healthcare Corp., Santa Barbara, Calif.
93. Leonard Schaeffer Chairman and CEO, WellPoint Health Networks, Thousand Oaks, Calif.
94. Anthony Principi Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington
95. William Jessee President and CEO, Medical Group Management Association, Englewood, Colo.
96. Kenneth Kizer President and CEO, National Quality Forum, Washington
97. Larry Glasscock Chairman, president and CEO, Anthem, Indianapolis
98. Scott Serota President and CEO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Chicago
99. Glenn Hackbarth Chairman, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, Washington
100. Michael Maves Executive vice president, American Medical Association, Chicago